July 3, 2010

I Wasn't Looking, But I Found One

I wasn't looking for a cry-movie (June 30 post) but I found one.

Actually my son brought it to me.


It is titled Two Weeks.  Anita, the mom who is dying of cancer, is played by Sally Field.
She has three sons and one daughter.
I have four sons and one daughter.  (April 7th post.)
I could relate to many of the family dynamics.


It was one of my kind of movies.
The criteria for that is:
That it makes you cry,
It makes you laugh,
And it makes you think.
All three of those things happened for me.


Thoughts, real-life thoughts came up, at times they were uncomfortable for me.
Nevertheless they are provoking thoughts.
Things I might want to give at least a little more consideration to.
Especially since it is not something I have to do at this time.
That might make it a little easier.


It also brought with it gratitude.
For the blessings and privileges I so readily get to experience and live.

It is good for me to be reminded of all that I have.
To cherish that which I so easily can take advantage of.


To be reminded of how precious life is and the loved ones who are in it!


Thank you son, for thinking of me and offering to share the movie with me!
(I have to say though that I would've cried harder if you had been watching it with me.)
Love Ya! 

"We should give meaning to life, not wait for life to give us meaning."~ Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...