July 27, 2010

Sweet Potato

"Many things grow in the garden that were never sown there."~Thomas Fuller

 Do you think this potato came from someone who LOVES gardening?

Someone who planted it with love maybe?


And was it specifically put in my bag to show me that someone loves me?
(If so, could you please come forward?
I would like to meet you.
Is your name by chance Johnny Lingo?)July 13 post


My son is en route to his new home in Washington state.

Today he entered Idaho.
Humph! Potato Country.
I sent him a picture of my potato.
Told him to see if he could find any spud as special as that in the whole state?!

I was also sending him a secret culinary message about how much I love him and already miss him.


He can't roll his eyes on that one.
I didn't create it.
(Well, I guess he could, I can't see him a thousand miles away.)


It isn't like I made a heart shaped cake with his name on it and invited the football team over or hung a I Love You and Am REALLY Going To Miss You~Love, MOM banner in the front yard
or wrote it on his car windows (like newly weds or all-star soccer teams do)


Nope, just sending a piece of my heart via Mother Nature!

"Why try to explain miracles to your kids when you can just have them plant a garden."~Robert Brault

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...