July 5, 2010

The Freedom to Be Grateful

"Freedom is never free."~ Author Unknown

 I do not think I have ever been so moved to appreciate and feel love for soldiers I have never met.
By hearing the simple spoken word.
In truth it was anything but simple.
It was the most heartfelt and humble testimony I have ever personally heard from a returned Vietnam Vet.

He shared his experience at church yesterday of his coming back from war, to American soil with a group of soldiers.
Many did not make it back.
He explained how one by one each soldier started to cry as their plane approached landing knowing that they were coming "Home".
He told how each of them descended from the airplane, got on bended knee and kissed the ground.

Oh, how I take for granted My Country, My Freedoms, My Blessings, My "Home"- because someone I have never met has fought to preserve them!


God Bless America and ALL Those Who Defend it!!!!

"We have enjoyed so much freedom for so long that we are perhaps in danger of forgetting how much blood it cost to establish the Bill of Rights."~ Felix Frankfurter
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...