August 19, 2014

Ma'am....

"Ma'am"....

DEF: (Ma'am is used as a title of respect, especially when addressing female royalty)
Considering I was at Home Depot.....I wasn't especially feeling like royalty, but that's what he said.
"Excuse me, ma'am."  
I looked up expectedly waiting for him to say, "Umm, those light bulbs you are buying are energy-depleting" or, "You have a piece of toilet paper stuck to the bottom of your shoe."
But he didn't say either.
He said, "That is a beautiful dress."
My immediate, impulsively, reactive, reaction was to say, "Oohhhhwww, Cannn I takke youu homme?"  
But instead I opted for a big sheepish smile and the more royal civility of, "Thankkk Youuu!" 
Who needs light-bulbs after that?! Way to light up my day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...