December 27, 2010

$ Cents-Less Bargining $

I am not going to lie to you.
It takes some effort, time and savvy thinking to get bargains to brag about.

The way I look at it is, is that working at my jobs also takes time and effort.
...And when you work with children a certain kind of savvy thinking too.
So I either shop smarter or work even more.
I choose shopsing.

Here is what a good great bargain looks like:

WALGREENS
$$$  
12.6 oz. Pantene shampoo @ 2/7.00
7.00 minus a P & G 3.00 coupon = 4.00
I also had a coupon for get a free shampoo with a purchase
BUT....that is not all.
I also got Walgreens Register Rewards for 2.00 back.
So in the end it cost me 2.00 for 3 shampoos.
OR  .66 cents each bottle!  Not too bad.



$$$
Colgate toothbrush for 2.99 - 2.00 Reg. Rewards = .99
.99 - 1.00 coupon = FREE +.01


$$$

Gillette Clinical Deodorant buy 1 Get 1  1/2 off.
8.99 + 4.50 =13.49
13.49 - (2) 3.00 coupons = 7.49
(7.49 is cheaper than 1 Deodorant alone cost.)
The Deodorant boxes had coupons in them that I took out at the store and used.
One was for Buy a Deodorant Get Body Wash free (4.49 value)
The other was buy a Body Wash Get 1 free.
So I got 4 Body Washes for free.
But I also got the 50% off 2 of the washes for another 4.50 savings
TOTALS:
7.49 - 4.50 = 2.99 div 6 items = .50 each!
OR Deodorants @ 1.50 each
AND 4 free Body Washes


I am almost done.
I won't make you suffer through all my sales.
My family members have that role.

My "deals" made for great Christmas "gifts-of-necessity" for my children.
This one-of-a-kind certificate was followed by a shopping spree in MY store amidst groaning of ,"Ah do we have to?"
It was fun (for me) and very affordable.  I spent around 7.00-10.00 per child to buy 40.00+ worth of products.  Brag, brag , brag.
                                                                                              





                                                        
AND THAT'S NOT ALL.....!!!
If I send in 50.00 of receipts to P & G I get 110.00 back in coupons.
AND another 50.00 of receipts gives me a rebate for a 20.00 check!!




O.K. I'M DONE



"Cannot people realize how large an income is thrift?" 
~Cicero



5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how do you do that? You are amazing. Those are some great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that's it....you are going shopping with me! Well actually, for me! Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally gonna start collecting coupons again! I haven't done that for a while...keep giving these tips. I need 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people." - Confucius

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...