September 12, 2010

If You Can't Say Anything Nice, Come Sit By Me

I thought of my 'kindness' list
And how, like the children s,
it has things on it that I would never do.

THINGS LIKE;
Don't slash tires,
Don't blackmail,
Don't torch things,
Don't send white powdery substances,
Don't expose destructive secrets,
Do not kill. (I think about it much less now that I have an empty nest!)

Things that are easy for me not to do.

According to this list I am most definitely a kind person!

That is because my list does not include-

TO BE KIND,
DON'T:

Criticize others,
Hope others get their due,
Gossip,
Ignore someone on purpose, but act like you 'just didn't hear',
Blame others because you can't take the heat,
Think unkind thoughts,
Pass judgment,
And love conditionally.


I once again, learned a lot from the children s example.


So if you can't say anything nice, please don't tempt me!!


"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are."  ~Author Unknown






 


1 comment:

  1. Oh, Reyna, you are one of THE kindest people I know! I hope you have a happy, happy B-day today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...