May 31, 2010

I Miss My Daughter

Can I get that personal?
Saying I miss my daughter?

Heck!, you're saying, "You've spilled your guts about everything else.  Why stop now?"

She is in Chile visiting a friend who is studying abroad.

It is wonderful that she has the opportunity and the means to go.
(All those hours working while going to school have paid off!)


I am excited and happy for her!


But I still miss her.


She has some lessons about life to contemplate and mull over and I am hoping this will be a retreat of sorts for her.
Providing the environment for pondering and introspection.
May she take advantage of it.


What better place to do it than in a totally foreign country?
A beautiful place I am told by her texts.
Aahh, modern technology....

It can often be painful to watch your children being stretched emotionally and mentally and socially as they are growing.

It is one of those things that you know need to happen and you want to happen but wish it could be done in book-form.

As the full moon has brightened the dark, I am moved by the Creator that the same moon I am being blessed by here is the same moon that she sees a continent away.


Amazing!  Just amazing!


She doesn't know it, (because part of her still thinks I'm a dork sometimes), but I feel as if I can send a hug to her soooo faaarr away through the moon.

That as I talk to the moon it can send my message and my love to her.
(The moon hasn't confirmed any of this.)

To my little girl out there in such a big universe.

Even though she is in college the world dwarfs her with it's magnitude. 

I tell the moon to keep her under its watchful eye, to make sure she is safe.

To light her way both on the path and into her heart.
To help her see the beauty within.


Perhaps someday we can experience it together as she suggested, but for now the need to travel this 'trip' alone has to be done solo.




"I soon realized that no journey carries one far unless, as it extends into the world around us, it goes an equal distance into the world within."~ Lillian Smith












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...