May 6, 2010

Today Is My Lucky Day!

This is what a little girl said to me when I went over to do a nanny job at her house.

She told me it was her lucky day because I came.

Talk about being humbled.
Talk about touching my heart!
Talk about being taught by a child!

I learned:
Not to be afraid of expressing your feelings (even if you are not sure the other person feels the same way.)
That you can be enthusiastic over what may seem to some to be a very simple thing.
That it is fun to be enthusiastic.
That you can be enthusiastic by yourself!
That enthusiasm is infectious!


That you can find the positive in almost anything.
That gratitude is something we often forget to have.
That gratitude can change a duty into a privilege.
That gratitude is infectious.
That gratitude is a virtue.
That at the end of the day I was the one who had a Lucky Day! 

"May we be found among those who give our thanks to our Heavenly Father.  If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues.  Despite the changes which come into our lives and with gratitude in our hearts, may we fill our days-as much as we can-with those things which matter most.  May we cherish those we hold dear and express our love to them in word and in deed."~Thomas S. Monson 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...