October 13, 2013

The Loss Of A Loss

Today I found out my father died.

It was through someone I don't even really know.

It was thoughtful of her to take time to look me up (thank goodness for social media) and let me know.

Probably for most people this would be an extremely sad day.

For me, I am sad.
But it is a different sadness.
I am sad that my father died and I did not know him
I did not develop a relationship with him to miss; so I am not sad in the way a daughter would be.
I am not angry at all either, as I have had my lifetime to accept this fact.
I am just sad that I "should" be sad at this time yet I never had a father to grow to love and therefore mourn.

But mostly I am sad for him.


So once again I say to all you active fathers in your children's lives.

Keep up the good work!  You are a blessing to the world!! 
And for generations to come!!

"You will find that if you really try to be a father, your child will meet you halfway."  ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...