February 15, 2014

I'm Sorry I Broke Your Heart

I wasn't paying attention when I heard the words,
'I'm sorry I broke your heart'.
I looked up and this is what she had.




I was getting money orders and she had accidentally torn my Super Sticky Post-it in half while trying to return it to me.

I replied, "Don't worry, I've had a broken heart many times before."
We both laughed at the irony of it as we knew we had both personally experienced our share of real heartache. 
"But," I reassured her, "that wasn't bad at all. It is the most painless broken heart I've ever had!"
We exchanged 'Happy Valentine's' wishes as I departed; with a smile on our faces.
And although I was alone on a day celebrated by sweethearts, I was happy.
And for the first time on Valentine's Day, it felt good to have a broken heart! 


"If you haven't had at least a slight poetic crack in the heart, you have been cheated by nature."  ~Phyllis Battelle


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...