October 12, 2011

I Just Have One More Thing To Say

I had been talking on the phone to my four year old granddaughter who lives over 1000 miles away.

I said goodbye and that I would talk to her again and she said, "Wait!  I just have one more thing to say.  I love you!"

What a sweet way to end!  The echo of those words lasted a long time in my mind and heart.  They still move me.

I am not proud to admit, but I thought of so many stressful, hurried, angry times that that is the last thing I ever would have said to my loved ones.  And those times never did feel like a sweet ending.

Do we realize the impact of our words?

"Wait!  I just have one more thing to say.  I love you!"


 She set an example that I can learn from!


"Whenever I held my newborn baby in my arms, I used to think that what I said and did to him could have an influence not only on him but on all whom he met, not only for a day or a month or a year, but for all eternity - a very challenging and exciting thought for a mother."  ~Rose Kennedy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...